Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables for $15-Bountiful Baskets

So I told some friends that I would do a post on Bountiful Baskets. You simple order online in the convenience of your own home in your pajamas :)! It is available in Nevada, Washington, Arizona and Utah. In Utah you have a from Monday at noon till Tuesday till 11:59 but I doubt it makes it till then. I thought that you actually have to pick up in Bountiful-no when you order you can choose a pick up spot. The first time I went to order it was closed and it was Tuesday. So, a friend and I ordered the next Monday. Then you pick it up the that Saturday. This is what I got....For $15
2 bundles of asparagus, 2 romaine heads of lettuce, 2 heads of cabbage, 3 cucumbers, about 10-11 apples, a stalk of celery, 6 kiwis, 2 bags of radishes, strawberries, blueberries, and an acorn squash (haven't tried it). All are very fresh and very yummy (I haven't tried the acorn squash)

You don't pick and choose you fruits and veggies. It is pretty random. You can also add 9 grain bread, other variety of breads, granola, cranberry bars, or an add on of ethnic fruits and veggies (one wk I saw a Mexican tomatoes, peppers-this wk Italian basil, garlic, oregano, ect.) You can also get organic for $25. They have a website that you can get great recipes and they are on Facebook. Check them out!
If you are interested in it go here to Bountiful Baskets. Once you order they will send you a confirmation of your pick up time and location. Take a basket-we didn't. This is a volunteer program to help get everyone so if you are wanting to go an hour earlier and help distribute the produce. Try it out!